As the Founder of Hap Ki Do, Grandmaster In W. Kim has dedicated most of his life to martial arts, and now offers expert training to students four-years-old and up. This dedicated mentor and teacher takes great pride in all of disciples, while challenging each and every individual to their maximum potential while testing their physical and mental boundaries.
The academy provides instruction in the following areas: Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do, Tai Chi, Gum Do (Swordsmanship), Muyekhan (Mixed Martial Arts), and Weapons Training (Janhng Bong; Long Stick/ Joong Bong; Medium Stick). Class sizes and dates vary.
Instruction is beneficial for those looking to master martial arts, get in shape, learn self-defense, build self-esteem/self-confidence/self-respect, release stress, or improve self-discipline. Log onto their website for photos, videos, and student & parent testimonials, as well as the history, benefits and characteristic of each discipline.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 9:30pm; Sat, 8am - 1:30pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1974
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family, Volume/season
- Membership info: Call or stop in anytime to obtain additional information, schedule an interview and register for a free trial lesson
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Number of instructors: 5
- Type: Jiu Jitsu, Mixed martial arts, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: "Martial Arts are a way of life, not just physical actions"; "A thousand mile journey starts with one step"; and "I can do it! You can do it! We can do it!"