- Linens – You’ll see lots of advertisements for White Sales this month. Grab sheets, comforters, pillows, towels and more at great prices.
- Home Fitness Equipment - Retailers are prepared for your New Year’s resolution to lose weight! There are so many in-stock fitness gadgets on the market now, the competition is great for driving the prices down. NOTE: If your heart isn’t set on a “new” item, garage sales are great for picking up treadmills, stationary bikes and elliptical machines for super cheap year ’round.
- Furniture – New models for furniture are typically released in February so retailers will be clearing out to make space for the new, so it’s time to shop for that new dining room set, bedroom furniture or sofa you’ve been wanting.
- Time for a new TV! – Near the end of the month (as we approach the SuperBowl), Brand Name TV’s will be at their lowest price! During November (for Black Friday) we saw the lowest prices for Off-Brand televisions, but as the Super Bowl approaches retailers are clearing out their 2013 inventory and you will save well over 50%!
- In the Grocery Store – this month will bring all time lows for Diet Foods. Think of brands like: Kashi, Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice. It is also the time to stock up on two other items, Oatmeal and Cold Medicines. And don’t forget about the Super Bowl…those snacky foods will dip low right before the Big Game!
- What NOT to buy – Luggage & Mattresses. January has some of the highest prices on luggage. March and April will bring better prices when people are starting to prepare for spring break and summer vacations. Need it now? See if you can borrow some luggage from a friend. February’s Presidents Day will bring more savings on Mattresses, so if you need one…try to wait until then to purchase!
Basically, there is a strategy for making ALL purchases! Not just groceries! You can save BIG when you pay attention and purchase at the right time!
~Happy New Year!Through TrueCouponing.com, Kati and Melisha pass along money and time saving tips they both still use today. They also teach free couponing workshops all over the Greater Tampa Bay area and Orlando and surrounding areas. Go HERE to view the schedule of upcoming workshops!