School's out and the theme for families in July at the shopping mall is all about discovering and exploring other culures and countries, with a focus on how people live, what they eat and the prominent landmarks in their communities.
Explore The World With "SUPER WHY!"
- "Let's See the World!" takes kids through the world through books and activities 4 p.m. July 19, with the first 75 kids in attendance receiving, for free, a "SUPER WHY!" storybook for summer reading and "SUPER WHY!" mask. Scheduled to be shown is a sneak-peak at an on-air special of "SUPER WHY! Around the World Aventure."
'This Is Paris' and 'Kiki and Coco in Paris'
- Kids ages 2 and up, meeing at the Westfield Brandon Books-A-Million, at 459 Brandon Town Center, will travel through France with a pretend trip to Paris, through the eyes of Kiki and Coco in Paris, a book by Stephanie Rausser and Nina Gruener. Next stop is the Eiffel Tower, with This Is Paris, by Miroslav Sasek, involving a visit to Parisian buildings and treats at Parisian cafes.
- Westfield Brandon Family Fun Day attendees will decorate berets and be treated to a French snack.
What To Know About WFamily Fun Days at Westfield Brandon
- Always free and usually offered twice a month for children ages 2 to 5 and, depending on the Westfield center, once a month for children ages 6 and up.
- Kids are invited, with their parents or caretakers, to create a craft, have a snack and learn more about the them of the month through read-aloud story time and activities.