If you haven't yet registered to vote in November's election, it's not too late.
The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections Office is hosting a registration drive Friday, June 22, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the , 1906 Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico.
To register to vote, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be at least 18 years old
(you may preregister to vote at the age of 16, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old);
- Not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored;
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. You must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number if you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number. If you do not have any of these items, you must mark the box indicated on the Voter Registration Application as “NONE.”
How to Register to Vote:
- Fill in the Voter Registration Application at the library.
- Verify that all of the information on your application is complete.
- Sign your application.
- If your application is complete and you meet the requirements to be registered to vote, the Supervisor of Elections will mail you a voter information card. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct. If you do not receive your card within four weeks, or if you have any questions, call the office at 813-612-4180.
- You must be registered at least 29 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.