The Hillsborough County Emergency Operations Center released this public information update at 1:20 p.m. Monday:
- Portions of Fletcher Avenue from N. 12th Street to N. 15th Street for at least 24 hours. Eastbound traffic is reduced to one lane.
- Hillsborough from Hanley Kelly Road to the Veterans Expressway (road closed)
- Hanley Road from Hillsborough Avenue to Hanna Avenue (road closed)
- Memorial Highway from George Road to Dana Shores Drive
- Twin Branch Acres Road along Double Branch Creek
- West Park Village Drive
- Ehrlich Road at Winterwind
- Knollwood at Hesperedes
- West Powhattan from Town 'N Country Boulevard to the west
- Brunswick Road from Hillsborough Avenue to the south
Bayshore Boulevard Project
This project was well under way. We'll need to assess once things dry out.
Hillsborough County Sunshine Line and Fire Rescue are assisting with the evacuation of Sunshine Village in the USF area due to flooding. Additional evacuations could be possible due to life safety concerns.
One lift station in the Brandon area is without power. A mobile pump has been hooked up.
No injuries have been reported.
Sandbags are available to the public until 10 p.m. tonight at the following locations:
- West Service Unit - 9805 Sheldon Drive
- South Service Unit - 8718 Old Big Bend Road in Gibsonton
- Sandbags are NOT available at County Fire Stations
Filled sandbags will be available to the elderly/disabled. Sandbag materials will be available to those physically able to make their own. Additionally, each citizen will sign their name and provide their home address acknowledging the receipt of 25 sandbags or less.
No shelters are opened.
Summer Food Service Locations
The summer food service locations managed by the City of Tampa will not be serving food today.
County Building Closures
The following Hillsborough County-operated buildings/sites are inaccessible due to localized flooding. Updated information will be provided as it comes available. Events and activities at these locations may be rescheduled.
- Town ‘N Country Commons - Library, Senior Center and Head Start
7606 Paula Drive, Suite 120
Tampa, FL 33615-4116
- The Upper Tampa Bay Trail - Trailheads
The trailheads are located within the residential areas of northwest Hillsborough County. The trail runs along the west shore of Channel A from a trailhead off Memorial Highway/Montague Street, past Waters Avenue, Linebaugh Avenue and then runs due north to Gunn Highway, Ehrlich Road and ends at Peterson Road Park.
- Alderman's Ford Park – Canoe Launch and Trails
9625 Canoe Launch Loop
Lithia, FL 33567
- Lithia Springs Regional Park – Swimming Area
32 Lithia Springs Road
Valrico, FL 33547
Public Meeting Cancellation
The public meeting to discuss the proposed construction of the Northwest Skateboard Park Project at Jackson Springs Park has been postponed due to the storm conditions. This meeting will be rescheduled.