A small electrical fire broke out at on Christmas morning, ABC Action News reports, causing smoke and water damage to the school's media room.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue crews were called out to the scene shortly before 10 a.m. Sunday, according to the report. Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office dispatchers said firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, which was "apparently caused by ongoing construction work," ABC Action News reported.
Sheriff's deputies responded because firefighters found one of the doors open upon their arrival, according to the report.
The fire set off the sprinkler system sometime after 9 a.m., a school district spokesperson said. It was unclear how extensive the damage was, but school officials said they would try to complete the cleanup and necessary repairs before school resumes Jan. 2.
"Even if the media is not completely restored by that time, it would cause little disruption because the damage did not affect any classrooms," the school district said in a media release.