We received this report on behalf of Pam Parisi, director of marketing for Newland Communities, developer of FishHawk Ranch, Circa FishHawk, MiraBay and Waterset.
More than 4,000 meals will now go to Tampa Bay area families thanks to the food donated to Feeding America Tampa Bay during Newland Communities’ “Concerts for a Cause” series. Thousands of residents and concertgoers contributed more than three tons of nonperishable food during the six concerts held between two area communities, FishHawk Ranch and Waterset.
“These generous donations exceeded last year’s total by nearly a ton,” said Pam Parisi, director of marketing for Newland Communities. “Again, we are blown away by our residents’ generosity and how the community comes together for the greater good.”
The six concerts put on were free of charge to the general public and only asked for a voluntary nonperishable donation in lieu of an admissions fee. This year, Newland Communities extended its outreach by offering concerts at both FishHawk Ranch and Waterset, the newest Newland Communities development in Hillsborough County.
“The food gathered by FishHawk Ranch and Waterset residents will help keep our partner charities supplied with shelf-stable food and will help feed the 700,000 hungry people across West Central Florida,” said Thomas Mantz, executive director for Feeding America Tampa Bay. “This year’s event has exceeded goals and expectations once again, and we couldn’t be more grateful to have partnered with Newland Communities.”
The annual concert series has been a staple in FishHawk Ranch for years and has proven to be as much of a success this year at Waterset. Live music ranged from classic rock to Top 40 hits.
- FishHawk Ranch and Waterset are owned in a joint venture partnership between North America Sekisui House LLC (NASH), the U.S. business unit and full subsidiary of Sekisui House LTD, Japan’s largest homebuilder and leading diversified developer, and Newland Real Estate Group LLC, whose development business, Newland Communities, is the master developer of the community. They are two of more than 30 communities the NASH-Newland partnership owns together in 11 states across the United States.
About Newland Communities
- Newland Communities is the largest private developer of planned residential and urban mixed-use communities in the United States. With over 40 years of experience, Newland and its affiliates have completed or have underway more than 140 diverse real estate developments, over 20 million square feet of commercial and retail space and 175,000 residential units in 14 states. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Newland is currently developing four master-planned new-home communities in Hillsborough County, Florida: FishHawk Ranch, Circa FishHawk, MiraBay and Waterset.
About FishHawk Ranch
- FishHawk Ranch by Newland Communities is a 3,000-acre master-planned community located in southeast Hillsborough County. Recently certified by the Florida Green Building Coalition as the first green community in Hillsborough County, FishHawk Ranch features a variety of amenities including more than 25 miles of nature trails. The community offers townhomes, single-family, and custom homes priced from $120,000 to more than $1 million. The FishHawk Ranch Welcome Center and 11 model homes are open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. For more information, please call (813) 685-7500 or visit our website at www.fishhawkranch.com.
- Waterset by Newland Communities is a master-planned community located in Apollo Beach. Waterset features a variety of amenities that include a community pool, fitness center, FitTrail, and Greenway. The Waterset information center is located in The Landing Club & Café and is open daily from 10 a.m.to 6 p.m., and on Sundays from noon to 6 p.m., along with ten model homes. For more information, please call877-739-7847 or visit our website at www.watersetfl.com.
- NASH was established in 2010 as the U.S. business operations unit and a full subsidiary of Sekisui House, Japan's largest homebuilder and a leading diversified developer since 1960. SEKISUI HOUSE, LTD. has built more than two million houses to date and expanded its operations to Australia, China, Singapore, and the U.S. NASH establishes joint ventures to build innovative and sustainability-conscious master planned communities across the US. The Waterset development joint venture is one of NASH’s consolidated subsidiaries in the US. NASH is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.SEKISUI HOUSE is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.