The 2013 Florida Strawbrerry Festival kicks off today, Monday, March 4, with Grits & Glamour with Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis set to perform at 3:30 p.m., followed by Dwigth Yoakam at 7:30 p.m.
2013 Florida Strawberry Festival: Need To Know Monday, March 4
Today is Ride-a-Thon Day at the 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival.
- Ride-a-Thon is from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- A wristband purchased at the midway, for $20, entitles the wearer to ride most mechanical rides for this one price.
Also at the festival today:
- Gates open and close at 10 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- The midway opens at 10 a.m.
- Admission is $10 for people age 13 and up and $5 for children ages 6 to 12. Children age 5 and under are admitted for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The (invitational) Farm Credit Strawberry Salute Breakfast kicks off at 7:30 a.m.
- The Invitational Parade Breakfast, sponsored by Regions Bank, kicks off at 10:30 a.m.
- The Grand Parade begins in downtown Plant City at 1 p.m. It is scheduled to pass by the Florida Strawberry Festival Fairgrounds at 2 p.m.
- The Home Depot Kids Workshop is set for 3 p.m.
- Grits & Glamour with Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis is set to perform 3:30 p.m. at the Wish Farms Soundstage.
- Lamb Jumping is set for 5 p.m., at the Swindle Family Pavilion.
- The Lamb Show is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Swindle Family Pavilion.
- Dwight Yoakam is set to perform 7:30 p.m. at the Wish Farms Soundstage.
For more on the daily offerings at the 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival, through March 10, visit the full report at Brandon Patch. Also featured are links to festival stories.