It's been 500 years since Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon stumbled onto the eastern shores of Florida in search of the Fountain of Youth.
To celebrate Viva Florida 500, Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries is inviting Florida artists to apply to have their artwork displayed in a library community room for ongoing exhibits throughout the year.
Works with local flavor and those of general appeal are considered good candidates for the display.
Interested artists should:
- Include a cover letter including brief biographical information, a list of recent exhibitions or shows, and other interesting information about the artist or artwork.
- Submit at least three, but not more than five, examples of the kind and style of artwork they intend to exhibit.
- Submit materials by mail with digital images on a CD to: John F. Germany Public Library, Attn: Stacey Jurewicz, 900 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa FL 33602, or via email to: email@example.com.
- Note exact size of artwork in the submission.
- Submit applications between Jan. 15 and March 31.
- The artwork will be displayed at specific branch libraries for a period of two months with no fee to the artist.
- The artist must bring artwork ready to hang on designated wall space at a mutually agreed upon date and time.
- An art reception will be held during the exhibition and the artist may present a brief summary about their artwork.
- Control over the exhibition, its publicity (including exhibit photos), placement of artwork and exhibition duration rests entirely with Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries.
For information, contact Stacey Jurewicz, Library Services, 813-273-3652.