1. Former Students React to Arrest of Bloomingdale Teacher for Trying to Hire Hitman -- James Pepe faces charges of soliciting to commit first-degree murder after allegedly offering to pay an undercover to kill another teacher.
2. How Riverview Woman Won Top Lottery Scratch-Off Prize -- Jennifer Taylor, 51, of Riverview, claimed a $3 million top prize in the Gold Rush Tripler Scratch-Off game at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
3. Parents Upset After Teacher Brings Ouija Board to Class -- Fourth-grade Alafia Elementary School teacher Theresa Clinton has been cautioned after parents of students at Burns Middle School complained that she brought a Ouija Board into a reading class at Burns Middle School where she was giving a presentation.
4. New Kindergarten Curriculum Targets Sexual Abuse -- State leaders joined childhood sexual abuse survivor and advocate Lauren Book to launch Florida’s new sexual abuse prevention curriculum, Safer, Smarter Kids in elementary schools throughout the state Sept. 27.
5. Bloomingdale Resident Publishes Guidebook for Chocoholics -- Nancy Slade chose premiered her A Guidebook to Chocoholics with a book signing at her favorite local chocolate shop.