1. Newsome and Riverview high schools will present the school edition of "Les Miserables" May 20, 21, 27 and 28 at 7:30 p.m. and May 22 and 29 at 3 p.m. at Riverview High School, 11311 Boyette Road, Riverview. Tickets are $10. For information, call 813-671-5011, ext. 259, or visit www.sharktheatre.com.
2. Dancin' Motion School of the Arts in Bloomingdale Commons at 127 W. Bloomingdale Ave., Brandon, offers Friday Night Dance Socials every Friday from 9:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. The price is $8 at the door or $5 for college students with an ID. The price includes a 30-minute Latin dance class, drinks and snacks.
3. "Bye Bye Birdie" will be presented May 20-22 and 28-29 at 8 p.m. at the James McCabe Theater, 506 Fifth St., Valrico. The Village Players community theater troupe returns to the stage with a cast of 48, including Abby Bailey, as Kim MacAfee, the lucky teenager selected from among high school students nationwide vying to send Conrad Birdie off to the draft with "one last kiss," televised on The Ed Sullivan Show.
4. Stop by J.F. Kicks Neighborhood Bar & Grill, 3345 Lithia-Pinecrest Road, Valrico, for entertainment all night long starting with singer Jill Wilson from 6 to 10 p.m. followed by Bad Haire Day from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
5. Tonight is Ladies Night at Upstairs in FishHawk Ranch. Put on your dancing shoes and come cut a rug as DJ Swift plays the best songs from the '8os '90s and today. Ladies enjoy $10 sink-or-swim (all you can drink wells and domestic drafts). There will be drink and shot specials all night long. Upstairs is located in Park Squared, 16144 Churchview Drive, Lithia.