1. It's March 15, the Ides of March, according to the Roman calender, which probably refers to the day of the full moon. The term "ides" was used for the 15th day of the months of March, May, July and October, and the 13th day of the other months. The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god Mars, and a military parade was usually held. The Ides of March, though, is best known as the day Julius Caesar was killed in Brutus. In the way to the Theatre of Pompey where he was assassinated, Caesar saw a seer who warned him that harm would come to him on that day. This meeting is re-enacted in William Shakespeare's play, "Julius Caesar" when Caesar is warned to "beware the Ides of March."
2. The AARP will host a driver safety program March 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at The Bridges, 11210 Dewhurst Drive, Riverview. The cost is $12 for AARP members, $14 for nonmembers. To register, call 813-653-7249.
3. The Christian Business Connection of FishHawk meets Tuesdays at 7:30 a.m. at DaSilva's Coffee House and Roastery, 15282 FishHawk Blvd., Lithia.
4. Mothers of Preschoolers meets every first and third Tuesday of the month for fellowship, to discuss parenting issues and participate in activities at FishHawk Fellowship, 15326 FishHawk Blvd., Lithia. Every second and fourth Tuesday, the group meets for a Bible study. Child care is available.
5. If you enjoy knitting, here's a group for you. The Knit Wit knitting club meets Tuesdays at 10 a.m. at the Campo Family YMCA, 3414 Culbreath Road, Valrico.