1. Artist Greg Manley is offering an In this ongoing painting class for children 7 to 13. Students will experience different painting techniques with multiple art materials such as watercolor, tempura, India ink and paper. Basic drawing skills will be encouraged to create fun paintings and increase confidence in artwork. Classes will be held Thursdays from 5 to 6 p.m. at Center Place, 619 Vonderburg Drive, Brandon. The cost per month is $30 for members, $40 for nonmembers on months with three weeks and $40 for members, $50 for nonmembers on months with four weeks. Supplies are included.
2. The Bay Area Twirlers offers a square dancing class Thurdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Brandon Community Center, 502 E. Sadie St., Brandon.
3. Brandon Regional Hospital hosts a gestational diabetes class for for pregnant women every Thursday from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Oakfield Medical Center, Classroom C, Suite 258, across from Brandon Regional Hospital. The program includes: medical nutrition therapy; monitoring - use of meter; insulin therapy; exercise guidelines; and overall health. A support person is encouraged to attend. The patient may bring a snack and is requested to bring the glucose meter she will be using. No prescription or referral is needed. For reservations, call (813) 653-1065.
4. 3005 Waylon Ln. Valrico, will host a free Talmud Study Dec. 29 at 7:30 p.m. The Talmud is a repository of thousands of years of Jewish wisdom. Its 2.5 million words consist of law, legend and philosophy, a blend of unique logic, shrewd pragmatism, history, anecdotes and humor. No prior Talmud knowledge or Hebrew reading skills necessary.
5. The Run Group runs at 8 a.m. Monday, Thursday and Friday. Beginners and veterans are welcome. Child care is available for YMCA members.