1. Lawyers from the Hillsborough County Bar Association will host a brief informational program on at the Brandon Regional Library, 619 Vonderburg Drive, Brandon. The program will take place at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Margaret Linsley Clayton Community Room. A question and answer session will follow the presentation. There is no cost for this program. For more information, call 813-273-3652.
2. Artist Debra Bryant's will be held at Center Place, 619 Vonderburg Dr., Brandon. The two-hour class teaches students the basic techniques of portrait painting in the Renaissance method of the Old Masters, but individual students' style, tastes and rate of progress will be approached with flexibility. The class is ongoing on Tuesdays and costs $48 for members, $58 for nonmembers per month on months with three weeks and $60 for members, $70 for nonmembers on months with four weeks.
3. Both Riverview and Bloomingdale high schools are hosting their district volleyball tournaments Tuesday night. No. 2 seed Riverview will face the winner of Monday night’s contest between Tampa Bay Tech and Hillsborough at 7 p.m. Top seeded Bloomingdale will have a bye on Tuesday night as they await the winner of Tuesday’s match between Alonso and Durant.
4. Seniors looking to test their word skills beyond the daily crossword can challenge themselves against others at the Davis Park Senior Center, 612 N. Parsons Ave. in Brandon, where a meets every Tuesday from 12:30-3 p.m. The cost is free and participants are encouraged to bring their own game.
5. Musicians looking to jam can make their way to J. F. Kicks Neighborhood Bar & Grill, 3345 Lithia-Pinecrest Rd., Valrico. The bar hosts an every Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. There is no cost to sit in.