American Mustang, A 'National Treasure'
- From RVR Horse Rescue — RVR was contacted the first week of August by an Agricultural Detective with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office regarding a case he was working along with the Bureau of Land Management [BLM]. Sadly, one of the three horses in this case was euthanized while the two remaining horses needed our intervention. The owners voluntarily released Bella, the palomino mare and Horace, a registered mustang to our care. Being the 'go-to rescue” in this area for the BLM is not something we take lightly. It is our firm belief the American Mustang is a national treasure and deserves to be revered. More information and pictures will be shared about Bella and Horace in the coming days. We are seeking to adopt Horace and Bella together when they are ready. If you are interested in adopting this beautiful couple please contact us via private message as we are taking applications.
Bright Deal On Brighton's
- From Julie's Walk-In Closet Consignment Boutique — "Our Brighton Jewelry Case is full again. Choose your favorite piece for up to 50 percent off retail."
In The News
- From Fox News — "Amazing video -- See how these 'shark whisperers' lull predators into a trance: http://tinyurl.com/mo2tfcw."
- From Bay News 9 — "About 300 teens got the chance to voice their opinion of the George Zimmerman trial at the first annual 'Teen Summit' in Tampa."
- From Newsome Athletic Booster — "Thursday August 22 is the basketball parent meeting @ 6:30. Membership will be there to talk briefly about what we do and explain memberships available at that time." Also: "Friday August 23 is the swimming parent meeting @ 5:15 pm. Membership will be there to talk briefly about what we do and explain memberships available at that time."
- From Newsome Football — Monday practice reminder is 7 a.m. then they switch to after school. Friday August 23 @ 7:30 p.m. is our Varsity Classic game vs Spoto at home. Saturday August 24 @ 3:00 p.m. we will have a golf tournament planning meeting located at Turn 2. IMPORTANT PRACTICE LABOR DAY 8 a.m. on that Monday."
- From Hillsborough Community College Brandon - SGA — "We hope everyone is as ready for the Fall semester as we are! Our first SGA meeting will be Monday August 26th at 2:30 pm in BSSB 206."
- From Trilogy Tattoo Gallery — "Attention Artists: We are considering hiring an additional tattoo artist (this is not an apprenticeship position). Experience is a must and local clientele is preferred. If you are interested in this position please send a detailed work history and a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com."