Invite a friend
St. Stephen Catholic Church, 5049 Bell Shoals Rd., Valrico, will host its annual Lenten Gathering Friday, Feb. 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. The evening will include a fish fry with cheese pizza available for kids, crafts, games, a hayride and a bonfire for the entire family. The evening will include with Stations of the Cross presented by the Middle School Edge Ministry. Bring a nonperishable food item to donate to the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry.
More About St. Stephen Catholic Church
St. Stephen Catholic Church was founded in 1987, meeting in a storefront on Bell Shoals Road that is now home to Beef O'Brady's Irish Pub. It moved to its current facility on Bell Shoals Road in 1991, opening its doors with 1,285 registered families. Today the church has more than 4,200 families and is planning to build a new, larger facility on Boyette Road. St. Stephen has one of the largest adult education programs in the Diocese of St. Petersburg and now celebrates baptisms nearly every weekend. The church boasts 110 ministries and provides food for 178 poor families every week through its St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Three full-time priests serve the parish, Pastor William Swengros, Father Jose and Father Emory, with the help of two deacons, Dan Gratkowski and Rick Zeitler.
Other events here
- Life Teen Night Weekly on Sundays, 6:30 pm
- Ministry of Moms Sharing Weekly on Sundays, 7:00 pm
- Moms Ministry Weekly on Sundays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Tuesday Morning Bible Study Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Children's Choir Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:15 pm–5:45 pm
- Faith Discussion Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm
- Return to Faith Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:15 pm
- Small Group for Young Adults Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Bible Study Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–6:45 pm