For the family planning its first — or 100th — vacation to Walt Disney World, you might think the trip is all about the kids and not realize that mom and dad will have fun, too.
During the course of the vacation, there might come a time when mom and dad will want a little time away from the kiddos.
Disney has you covered.
There are kids' programs for evening “date nights” and daytime adventures that will give you a short break while the younger set doesn’t even realize you’re gone.
Consider adding one or more of these to your trip, so you can take a little time for the two of you. The kids will have a great time and think you’re doing it for them.
Kids' programs at select Walt Disney World resort hotels include supervised activity centers, in-room babysitting and themed parties and adventures.
Children’s Activity Centers
Located throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Children’s Activity Centers are delightful playspaces, where children ages 3 to 12 are invited to enjoy video games, have dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies and interact with other kids their age — usually while parents are off experiencing more grownup fare.
There are six Children’s Activity Centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels:
- Simba's Cubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, based on Disney’s The Lion King, on the first floor, near the Uzima pool deck area.
- Never Land Club at Disney’s Polynesian Resort — Near the Snack Isle and the bus stop across from the Great Ceremonial House, open daily from 4:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Cub’s Den at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, a wilderness-themed activity center outside the main lobby near Wilderness Lodge Mercantile.
- Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort — Near Atlantic Wear, just off the main lobby of Disney Beach Club Resort, a nautical-themed activity center open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Mouseketeer Club at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa — Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, Mouseketeer Club is near Gasparilla Grill & Games.
- Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin and Walt Disney World Swan Resort — Open daily from 5:30 p.m. to midnight, near the health club in Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort.
The cost per child is $11.50 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum charge. Reservations are recommended for all locations, except Camp Dolphin, where reservations are required and additional costs may apply.
For advance reservations, call: 407-WDW-DINE. Same day walk-ins are welcome based on availability.
Kid’s Nite Out
Together with independent childcare provider Kids Nite Out, the hotels at Walt Disney World Resort offer you the convenience of expert, one-to-one in-room babysitting for an additional cost. You can even reserve a childcare specialist to accompany you and your family during your visit to the parks, providing a helping hand where needed. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Contact Kid's Night Out at: 407-828-0920, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Magical Activities available at select Walt Disneyworld Resorts
Wonderland Tea Party
Every weekday afternoon, children ages 4 to 12 can join Disney Friends from Wonderland for a fun-filled hour of stories, games, cupcakes and “tea” (apple juice) at 1900 Park Fare restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. During this elegant, yet whimsical experience, partygoers can decorate their own cupcakes, create take-home crafts and pose for pictures with their friendly Disney Character hosts.
Space is limited, so make your reservations well in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
Disney’s Pirate Adventure
Aspiring buccaneers between the ages of 4 and 12 board a pirate-themed boat and scour the waterways around Walt Disney World Resort in search of pirate treasure during a swashbuckling high-seas adventure.
On this guided expedition, each participant enjoys a light snack and beverage, learns how to talk like a pirate, visits legendary ports-of-call, and—if he or she is lucky—returns with a bag of pirate booty! Disney’s Pirate Adventure is a 2-hour sailing voyage that takes place each day at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Additional information and reservations may be made up to 180 days in advance by calling the Walt Disney World Recreation Department at 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529). Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Paula is a long-time resident of Brandon FL., as well as an Authorized Disney Travel Planner with Traventours Travel, Events and Tours.
Check our my Disney blog at MouseTripTips.com
We're also on Facebook! Join us in our fun!