Bloomingdale-Riverview residents hoping to get some business done while they’re off work Monday and Tuesday might be out of luck.
Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities are closed both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The U.S. Postal Service will only deliver Express Mail on Christmas Day and many businesses throughout the community will also shut down in observance of the holidays.
Here’s a look at the closings in Hillsborough County:
Most offices and facilities are closed both Monday and Tuesday. This includes administrative offices, neighborhood service centers, most libraries, Head Start centers, recreation centers and senior centers and nutrition sites.
- Solid waste – County trash haulers will not pick up on Christmas Day. This includes all areas in unincorporated Hillsborough. People who have normal trash pickup on Tuesday can put out twice as much trash on the Friday after the holiday.
- The county’s Infoline – No one will be in to answer calls to the county’s Infoline at 813-272-5900 on Monday or Tuesday.
- Libraries – All libraries in the county, except Temple Terrace, will be closed Dec. 23-25 and will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 26-27. The Temple Terrace Public Library will close at 5 p.m. Dec. 26-27.
- Parks – With only a few exceptions, county parks, regional parks and recreation centers will be closed Dec. 24 and Dec. 25. The exceptions are these parks which are open until 3 p.m. Dec. 24: Aldermans Ford, Edward Medard, Eureka Springs, Lettuce Lake, Lithia Springs, Upper Tampa Bay, and the Flatwoods, Morris Bridge and Trout Creek sections of Wilderness Park. The Upper Tampa Trail also is open until 3 p.m.
- The Sunline Line – Service will be suspended Dec. 24-25.
- Water and wastewater emergencies – While the county’s Public Utilities Department will be closed, emergencies can be called into 813-744-5600.
- Constitutional offices – Offices of elected officials, including the commissioners, property appraiser and tax collector, are closed Dec. 24-25.
Emergency services, such as police and fire, will still be available both days.
Do you know of other openings or closings in the Bloomingdale-Riverview area? Share them in the comments section below.