School is almost out for the summer, and parents in the Tampa Bay area are in luck: There are plenty of esteemed museums within an hour's drive of the Tampa Bay area.
Which local museum is your favorite? Here's a rundown of art, science and history destinations across the Bay area — just follow the links for hours, directions and upcoming events.
- Glazer Children's Museum, Tampa
- Henry B. Plant Museum, Tampa
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI), Tampa
- Tampa Bay History Center, Tampa
- Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa
- USF Contemporary Art Museum, Tampa
- G. WIZ Science Museum, Sarasota
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum, Sarasota
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota
- South Florida Museum, Bradenton
- Chihuly Collection Glass Museum and Gallery, St. Petersburg
- Florida Craftsmen Gallery, St. Petersburg
- Florida Holocaust Museum, St. Petersburg
- Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg
- Salvador Dali Museum, St. Petersburg
- Ted Williams Museum at Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg
- Armed Forces Military Museum, Largo
- Dunedin Fine Art Center, Dunedin
- Dunedin Historical Museum, Dunedin
- North Pinellas Historical Museum, Palm Harbor
- Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, Tarpon Springs
Cast your vote for your favorite museum in the poll below. Did we miss your favorite? Please let us know in the comments.
About Readers' Choice: Voting is open from 9 a.m. Monday to 9 a.m. Friday. Any ties will be broken based on reader comments and reviews. Poll choices represent a sampling of local businesses and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Would you like a free business listing in the Patch directory? Email your business name, complete street address and phone number to email@example.com with "Missing Listing" in the subject line.