Tropical Storm Debby, Supreme Court Ruling and The Regent Dominate This Week's Headlines
Here's some news and features you might have missed this week.
1. Flooding Forces Valrico Resident to Move Cars to Higher Ground -- River Road residents are still drying out after Tropical Storm Debby overflowed on the road and soaked properties.
2. Animal Lover Launches Social Network for Pets -- Now Fido can communicate with friends on the Internet.
3. Dog Previously Out of Time Now Looking for New Lease on Life -- This beautiful German shepherd mix is still available for adoption through Heidi's Legacy Dog Rescue.
4. Debby Keep Tampa Bay on High Alert -- Debby spawned tornadoes including one spotted near Alafia River State Park.
5. Tropical Storm Debby Wreaks Havoc Throughout Bay Area -- Reports of flooding, closings and wind damage have come in from Sarasota all the way north to Pasco County.
6. South Shore Symphony Orchestra to Host Concert Series at The Regent -- Area residents can enjoy some classical music at The Regent starting with a concert today.
7. Are Child Predators a Threat in Your Neighborhood? -- Readers weigh in following the Sandusky verdict.
8. Riverview Chamber Members are 'Taking Care of Business' -- Chamber members enjoys specialties from a dozen member restaurants at the monthly luncheon.
9. County Commission Takes No Action on Regent's Plans to Pay Back Funds -- Commissioners were miffed at The Regent's proposal to pay back funds over seven years.
10. Local Political Activists React to Supreme Court Decision on Obamacare -- Reactions predictably fell along party lines after the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Health Care Act.