The time has come.
The Gasparilla Pirate Festival and parade kicks off at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26 along Bayshore Boulevard in south Tampa, starting at Bayshore Boulevard at Bay-to-Bay Boulevard.
The free annual celebration features fireworks, floats and food.
Here are some things to keep in mind from the Gasparilla Pirate Fest's website:
- Beer and other liquor can be purchased along the parade route, which is a wet zone. Only cash is accepted, and IDs must be shown. Proceeds go to Tampa Bay charities.
- Mobile ATMs are available along the route.
- While food and drinks are on sale along the parade route, glass containers are not permitted.
- Bicycles are allowed along the route, but bikers can't ride them once inside event closure zones. Bikes must be walked along the route.
- For more information, call 813-251-8844.
If you go, upload your pics and clips here.